Thursday 22 April 2010

Saving the worst 'til last...

So Adam spent all day today at the Marsden with his Mum, putting in a good shift from 9.30am to 6pm.

After tea we went outside and had a little game of cricket and tag rugby. Adam announced that cricket was 'one of my finest talents' - such modesty.

It was Adam and Jess vs me at rugby and I took a bit of a thrashing. I was less than impressed at one point when Adam started crying out in pain. I ran over to him and got down on my knees to see what was up and caught him giving Jessica a nod and a wink. As she picked up the ball and ran away to score a try I realised what the little toad had done. He claimed afterwards that he caught his finger on his kneecap and it (his finger) did really hurt when he first shouted 'Ow'.

Tomorrow he's having bone marrow aspirates and trephines so I doubt I'll be blogging about rugby in the garden again for a while. Although sometimes he is still quite mobile after. Let's hope it works out that way this time too. Fingers crossed for a clean in and out (or rather two clean in and outs as they take samples from two sites). There was one occasion where the hole on one side of his back was about three times as big as that on the other side. Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment