Wednesday 9 June 2010

Still poorly...

Adam has shown no sign of improvement since the weekend. Today he spent all day in his pyjamas lying on the sofa in front of the television and playing the odd video game. He isn't eating still and has lost almost 1.5 kilos in weight since last week. Clever me told him off this evening and he went running upstairs to his room crying. By the time he got there he felt ill and was sick into his waste bin. We are alternating two different types of anti-sickness medication but they don't seem to be having much of a positive effect.
I'm worried and it's showing. I'm not good company when I get worked up and worried. Very much the opposite. I have no idea whether or not I come across as a 'together' kind of person, but truthfully I'm anything but. I love my middle-sized boy so much and it tears me apart to see him poorly like this and to wonder and worry about what's going on inside his body. Logic is telling me it's the sickness bug combined with the effects of all the chemotherapy he's had. But logic is just not enough to keep my emotional responses in check.

2 comments:

  1. I'm praying that Adam begins to pick up very soon.
    Love to you all.

    P x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hya, hope Adam is feeling a bit better now, love Karen

    ReplyDelete